Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Laughter

 We had a really good laugh. Mom and I. It makes me smile merely at the thought of it. 

Addin confided in mama, saying how he could not bear the cold. That coldness always made his head ached. How the very discomfort sounded very familiar. 


 I always find the cold exhausting, how I hate it the way it saps away my energy and liveliness. That if I stay longer than I should in the cold, my fingertips will turn periwinkle, before my sensories feel numb. I always prefer the good hot over the bitter cold. 


The way our body rippled with mirth, that we had to turn our body from the lightness of it. I glanced at mom laughing her head off, and a thought passed, on how it wasn’t really the context of joke that is capable of making us laugh, it might be simply the affection we had for the person, that makes her actions and thoughts are so much contagious. 


I was asking mama to make a prayer for me, to be able to secure a job sooner. And telling her to forget the idea of getting me wedded because I want to bring her to nice places first. 


She told me story about a woman she saw at the mosque yesternight. How she felt sorry for her. The person asked the wife of the pious to make prayer for her, to be able to come to a decision and be sure of what she wants. She’s getting married in a few days but nothing feels right, even after she tried everything. In the middle of the story, I was thinking how how Allah is the beholder of the certainty of our hearts, that it is humbling. 


I hovered longer around her that she had to ask me to go away because she wanted to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Motherly

I saw how Tokde looked at Abang Ipin and it just broke me. The motherly look yang mixed with emotions yang aku selalu nampak, dari setiap pe...