Saturday, December 11, 2021

Rating Fredrick Backman's Books!

Fredrick Backman aka my top favourite, a must buy writer! 





1) My Grandma Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry – Reading this, really reminds me of those good old times I spent with my late tokwan and how I wish until now that I read this before the Britt-Marie Was Here! 





2) Britt-Marie Was Here – I remember reading this during Ramadhan in few years back and I loved how Backman tackled on the character that, in real life can seem irritating, plain, or someone that typically people want to avoid, those that people don't really give a shit about. And most importantly, he did it beautifully and really made me feel the importance of appreciating every one of us as an individual. This was my first Fredrick Backman's book! Love love this! 





3) Beartown – I remember picking this up after finishing a series about ice hockey on Netflix. This book isn't just about ice hockey but tackles on rape culture. A very good read! (p/s: I find the miniseries was very underwhelming, ruining my imagination of the characters).





4) Us Against You – This one is the second book from the Beartown trilogy and this one I must say, it's a bit dragging in my opinion. Involved a lot of politics around ice hockey (politics and sports hm) but there were a few scenes that were so screen-worthy. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FINAL BOOK, THE WINNER THAT WILL BE OUT NEXT YEAR (THE TRANSLATION). I NEED A GOOD ENDING FOR MY BENJI AND LEO. 





5) Things My Son Needs To Know About the World – A memoir, a sort-of a guide, and letters to his first childborn. Reading this, how it struck me that all his books are really some fractions of him as a person. I took a pride on being able to see the some pieces of him in each of book.





6) Anxious People – I LOVE THIS BOOK THE MOST AMONG HIS OTHER BOOKS! I cried so many times and wasn't able to stop because this just hit home, and the ending was hella comforting, like a warm hug your mother gives. For a better experience, read it in late December :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Motherly

I saw how Tokde looked at Abang Ipin and it just broke me. The motherly look yang mixed with emotions yang aku selalu nampak, dari setiap pe...